As teachers I’m sure we all agree that anything free is a bonus, especially in the current financial climate. Consiquently I’ve been looking at ways to enhance the learning experience for my students without increasing the financial demands I place upon my School. I’ve started to compile a library of free online resources that could have a multitude of various applications across the curriculum. Here are my first 5:
- Public Domain Images – Royalty free images for presentations and various learning uses across the Curriculum.
- SoundCli.ps – You can browse and download free sound effects and clips Such as; firecrackers, explosion effects, fire alarms etc…
- TeacherTube – A fantastic free resource of educationally focusedvideos to share in your classroom.
- Edcanvas – An online tool where you can create and deliver lessons digitally, you can also browse hundreds of digital lessons other educators have created.
- Lego digital designer – A free 3D animation environment where you and your students can create products using ‘virtual’ Lego, to take it step further, where there is also a cost implication, you can purchase the blocks needed to make your creation for real.
I hope you find these as useful as I have. Please feel free to leave feedback and share any other resources that you’ve tried.